Sunday, June 29, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
I got this fabulous sketch over at Katharina's blog Katharina's Creative Place. She has an awesome blog!! Very talented. I love getting my blog update in my email when ever she posts. They are always fun to look at. And her boys are just too cute. Great job Katharina!!! Oh this was sketch #16 if you'd like to give it a try too.
- Stamps: Sweet Ebony - Pickin Apples, My Favorite Things - Essential Sentiments
- Paper: Daisy D -Sheherazade, Fleur de Lis, Expresso & ColorMates - Dark Outdoorsy Olive
- Misc: Spellbinders - Classic Rectangle, Scalloped Rectangle & Tag Trio, Prima FLowers, Pearls, Ribbon, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Pop Dots
- Challenges/Sketches: Katharina's Creative Place
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
I started out with the gorgeous paper by Daisy D then colored my image to match. I think it turned out pretty good. I may have to stop by my local scrap store tonight after work and pick up some more of that paper. Maybe not if I go in there I'll be getting more then paper. I have to stay away..... Oh I also used my corner rounder to make the scallops on the espresso paper. I haven't figured out how to make my spellbinder dies do that for me.
So have a super day!!!
- Stamps: Penny Black -Sharing a Moment, My Favorite Things -Essential Sentiments
- Paper: Daisy D -Sheherazade, Fleur de Lis, Espresso & ColorMates -Awesome Aqua CS
- Misc: EK Success -Corner Rounder, Spellbinder - Variety Tags, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Ribbon, Pop Dots
- Challenges/Sketches: Penny Black Saturday Challenge, Stamp Something
Monday, June 23, 2008
Now on to my card. This one is for a multitude of challenges!! A Spoon Full of Sugar -Challenge #4 Celebrations, Friday Sketchers -Challenge #7 &
Cute Card Thursday -Challenge #15 Birthday. How's that for fitting them into one card. I guess it just worked out for me this time. gave me a chance to make a few others too.
Also the Scrapmagasinet DT Blog is up and running so head over there and check out the cute posts. We'll be starting some challenges over there soon. And the girls have already posted some cute projects.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
It was kind of fun after I figured out how to do the pop up thing. When I got all finished I had this huge green area in the front that I hated so I had to go back and see what the DT had done to there cards. Which actually ended up better because I cute it down some and added the blue card stock as the base.
And it gave me a chance to use that cute tree house stamp Tretoppen from my DT package. I took a picture of Rakle Sitter as a close up so you
can kind of see the pop up thing. And I like how I folded her in half so it looks like she's sitting on the ground. May be she's waiting for a friend to come over and play in the tree house stamp room or to have lunch??
Now what to put on the outside??? I'll leave that
for later. Right now it looks cute sitting up on my counter top. Well have a great weekend!! I'm off to play some more.
- Stamps: Scrapmagasinet -Rakle Sitter & Tretoppen, Eureka - Laughing Sun & 815D Flower Border
- Paper: Misc out of my stash??
- Misc: Ribbon, Prima Flowers, Pearls, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, SU-Markers, Pop Dots
P.S. After the fact I found a tutorial/video by Lilly Gershon on how to do a pop up card. She makes it look so easy. Wish I had found it before I started. Oh well next time will be easier.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
So any ways the winner is Adrienne from Scrappin' with Adrienne. Congratulations!!!
If you can email me your snail mail address I'll drop those in the mail for you. Again
thanks for playing!!!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
This weeks challenge over at Papertake Weekly is to use Hot colors. They are giving away a fabulous prize too.. So go check it out. I actually got this paper with my Lola's Tea Party stamp and never used it. It's very colorful.
- Stamps: Ladybug & Friends -Give Me a Hug
- Paper: Misc, CTMH -Card Stock
- Misc: Spellbinders -Small Classic Rectangle & Small Scalloped Rectangle, Ribbon, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Pop Dots
- Challenges/Sketches: Paper Take Weekly
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
- Stamps: Penny Black -Critter Party
- Paper: Basic Grey, CTMH -Card Stock
- Misc: Spellbinders -Small Classic Rectangle & Small Scalloped Rectangle, Prima Flowers, Me & My Big Ideas -Icons
Monday, June 16, 2008
I also used last weeks sketch #4 from Papertake Weekly. This week challenge is to use hot colors and they have a great prize. Go check it out.
- And don't forget to the BLOG CANDY in the last post. Make sure to sign up for that.
- Stamps: Ladybug & Friends - One Big Happy Family
- Paper: Basic Grey, CTMH- Card Stock
- Misc: Long Classic Scalloped Rectangle, Prima Flowers, Me & My Big Ideas - Icons, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol
- Cjallenges/Sketches: Paper Take Weekly
Sunday, June 15, 2008
I used the sketch from this week Friday Sketcher challenge #6 and The Cute Card Thursday challenge to use 3 embellishments #14. It went together pretty fast for a change. Maybe because I cleaned up my stamp area so it doesn't look like a tornado hit it.
On another note Nicole (also is giving away blog candy) should have the Scrapmagasinet DT Blog up and running soon and we'll be posting some challenges on there for everyone to do and win some prizes. But you'll need some Scrapmagasinet images so on to the blog candy....
Blog Candy: I thought I'd give away various Scrapmagasinet images for you to play with. I will decide which ones to send you. All you have to do is visit the Scrapmagasinet store and leave me a comment on this post telling me your favorite stamp from the Stampville Collection and post a link to here on your blog. It's that easy and you could be the winner. You have until Friday 6-20-08 to do this and I will post the winner Saturday 6-20-08 when I get up and moving. So head to the store and check it out and don't forget the preorder section Lisbet has added a bunch of new stuff there. I'm going to be adding to my wish list for sure.
- Stamps: Scrapmagasinet -Spokelse i hull, Eat Cake Graphics (saying)
- Paper: My Minds Eye -Magnolia paper , SU- Card Stock
- Misc: Spellbinders -Small Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle, Ribbon, Brads, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol
- Challenges/Sketches: Cute Card Thursday, Friday Sketchers
Saturday, June 14, 2008
- Stamps: Penny Black - For You (#380K - 1997 Catalog), Sentiment Stamp??
- Paper: Basic Grey, CTMH- Card Stock
- Misc: Prima Flowers, Nestabilities- Rectangle & Scallop, CTMH- Brads, Ribbon, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol
- Challenges/Sketches: Penny Black Saturday Challenge
Hopefully I got everything I made this card before I thought it would be a good idea to write down what I used while I had it out. If I come across the sentiment stamps I'll add the name. Have a great day!!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Yes it's true.... I finished one in time for the Ismaki challenge. Finally!! This is my take on sketch #23. And yes I'm still in love with these cute stamps by Elisabeth Bell. You can get these beauties over at Funky Kits.
Just a quick post for me tonight. Hope your having a great day!!
- Stamps: Sugar Nellie -Summer Ice Cream
- Paper: CTMH - Dark Green CS, Basic Grey
- Misc: Nestabilities - Sm Petite Scallop Circle & Sm Circle, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Prima Flowers, CTMH - Brads & Buttons, Cuttlebug - Asterisks Dies, Ribbon
Monday, June 9, 2008
My friend Martha at work has retired and we are all have a girls night out tonight to celebrate with her. This is the card I've made her from all of us. This stamp From Eat Cake Graphics: Auntie Daisy enjoys Freedom just said pick me while I was organizing this weekend. It's just so fun. I used the Ismaki sketch #22 for this one. It always seems I'm a day late for posting for that challenge. Oh well!! I printed the saying out on my printer. On the inside it says Frolic in the Flowers Because your RETIRED!! Donalda is giving away some blog candy over at Enjoy the Journey. It's a wonderful assortment of die cuts from Debbie's Die Cuts. So head over there and check it out. Lisbet is playing Hangman over at her blog Scrapmagasinet for another cute stamp from her store. I've never played hangman for a challenge before. Very creative.! So head over there and join in that fun you could win the Studenthome from her Scrapville collection. I received a bunch of stamps in the mail Saturday from Lisbet so I'll be working on a few things to share from that. I've also been put in charge of challenges over at the new Scrapmagasinet DT Blog. It's still under construction at the moment. But I'll let you know when it's ready. I can tell Lisbet has ok'ed some great prizes. Si get out your Srapmagasinet stamps and color some up for the up coming challenges. I finally used my Prisma Markers!! I spent Saturday night making up a spread sheet to put them on. It's a lot easier for me to pick a color if I have it there on paper already. I'm not to sure how I like my coloring job. I need to practice more. And I still think I like my Copics better they just have more colors to pick from to blend together. But I have all the Prisma one my dear husband got me for Christmas so thought I should use them. I'll practice some more.
- Stamps: Eat Cake Graphics- Auntie Daisy enjoys Freedom
- Paper: Basic Grey, Karen Foster, CTMH, Misc. Brown PP
- Misc: Prima Flowers, CTMH Brads, Nestabilities- Rectangle & Oval Dies, Prisma Markers, Quigley Wiggly Font
- Challenges/Sketches: Ismaki
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Wow Lisbet is giving away some more stamps over at Scrapmagasinet. All you have to do is link her blog and then leave her a comment on how you like your stamps mounted. Mounted, Unmounted, Mounted on EZ Mount?? you have until 18.00 Norwegian time to join in. She has a clock on her blog so you know what time it is there.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
With Father's Day coming up I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make mine up and do a couple of challenges too. I used sketch #4 from Friday Sketchers and Paper Take Weeklys "For the Fellas" Challenge. This is one of the new Penny Black stamps I got from HM Stamps last month. He's really cute and great for coloring!! Just a quick post today I have to go throw dinner in the crock pot for tonight before I go to work. So Have a great day!!
Stamps: Penny Black- Fish Dreams
- Paper: DCWV- Patterned Paper, CTMH- Chocolate CS
- Misc: Nestabilities- Tag Trio & Double Ended Tag, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, Brads
- Challenges/Sketches: Friday Sketchers, Paper Take Weekly
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Look what Lisbet is giving away over at Scrapmagasinet. Two great Krilla stamps and let me just tell they are awesome!! I have the one facing forward... She's super cute and the one facing backwards is on my wish list. All you have to do if post a link on your blog to Lisbets blog and then go leave a comment telling her your favorite color by 18.00 Norwegian time 6-4-08 and you could be the lucky winner of both of these super cute stamps.
P.S. My favorite color is Blue.
Monday, June 2, 2008
I love these new stamps by Elisabeth Bell. She is the newest designer for Sugar Nellie. She currently has out 6 cute images in the Sweet Ebony line with more to come. Soon I hope!! They are super cute and really fun to color. Go over and check out her blog and her wonderful sketches they are awesome!! Oh she also has a gallery you'll want to see with all the wonderful creations by different people using her stamps. It's really cool too! On to my creation.... I made this for summer photo's I'm planning on taking and adding later. I used the Ismaki challenge #21 sketch, A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge "Summer" and Sweet Sugar challenge "Not a Card". I've been wanting to make a cute book and this gave me a chance too. Hope this inspires you take make a photo book of your own. I also remembered to write down the stuff I used this time!!! See below....
- Stamps: Sugar Nellie : Sweet Ebony-Flowers, Close to My Heart : Make it Count & Friendship Word Puzzle.
- Paper: StampIn Up - Chocolate Chip CS, Magnolia Patterned Paper.
- Ink: StampIn Up - Chocolate Chip, Stazon - Jet Black.
- Accessories: 7-Gypsies Binder Book, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol: Oderless Mineral Spirits
- Challenges/Sketches: A Spoon Full of Sugar, Ismaki, Sweet Sugar
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Ok this one I totally cased... But I loved Sandra's card. It's so Pretty!!! She did such a great job I just had to borrow it for my own. Thank you Sandra. Your blog Rocks!!! On this one I used Rakle Sitter from Scrapmagasinet and the bird is from the Magnolia collection, but I got it from a friend in a swap. I colored both with my Prisma pencils and Gamsol. Then I cut them both out. The paper is from the Magnolia line that I picked up over at my local scrapbook store on national scrap day. They where having a great sale. I can't remember which stamp set I got the sentiment out of?? I need to remember to make a list of the things I use. But I just get so in to making it that I just grab stuff and forget... I'll try harder. Oh I almost forgot this is my card for the challenge over at Cute Card Thursday. I have to admit we didn't put away much wood this weekend. I'm just not very motivated. After working my part time job yesterday I just didn't feel like getting all dirty putting away wood. But we did put away some. But we have a long ways to go. Oh well there's always after work this week.....Maybe :o) Well I'm off to check out some challenges and see what I can make this week. I hope your having a great weekend.