Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Pop Up Card....

How many of you have actually done a pop up card before?? Not me!! But the challenge #24 over at Ismaki this week is to make a pop up card. So I thought I'd try it. I already had the images colored so why not. And anything is better then putting away wood.....

It was kind of fun after I figured out how to do the pop up thing. When I got all finished I had this huge green area in the front that I hated so I had to go back and see what the DT had done to there cards. Which actually ended up better because I cute it down some and added the blue card stock as the base.
And it gave me a chance to use that cute tree house stamp Tretoppen from my DT package. I took a picture of Rakle Sitter as a close up so you

can kind of see the pop up thing. And I like how I folded her in half so it looks like she's sitting on the ground. May be she's waiting for a friend to come over and play in the tree house stamp room or to have lunch??

Now what to put on the outside??? I'll leave that

for later. Right now it looks cute sitting up on my counter top. Well have a great weekend!! I'm off to play some more.





  • Stamps: Scrapmagasinet -Rakle Sitter & Tretoppen, Eureka - Laughing Sun & 815D Flower Border
  • Paper: Misc out of my stash??
  • Misc: Ribbon, Prima Flowers, Pearls, Prisma Pencils, Gamsol, SU-Markers, Pop Dots

P.S. After the fact I found a tutorial/video by Lilly Gershon on how to do a pop up card. She makes it look so easy. Wish I had found it before I started. Oh well next time will be easier.

6 comments:

Dottie K. said...

Wow this is so cute. I've never tried one. Looks too complicated. You put a lot of work into this beauty. :)

Donalda said...

Girlfriend I just love how you made this card. It is just gorgeous !!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous pop up card, love the tree house.

Lynn said...

WOW!!! This is amazing! Beautiful coloring and love the 3-d effect. I've always loved pop up books but I've never made a pop up card. I'll have to give this a shot sometime.

Anonymous said...

This is just too creative!! I love it!! ;)

Ila said...

This is Amazing and Gorgeous!! I love it..what a wonderful idea!!